Monday, March 16, 2015

Let's Talk About Sex... Or Not If It Makes You Uncomfortable... Which It Should ( Quotation Question )



       A quote that really hit me with a strong emotional reaction is in the beginning of chapter 18, that quote being " Nobody dies from lack of sex. It's lack of love we die from. " ( Pg. 103 in book ) This quote hit me so hard mainly because I feel it is a perfect representation of our society is today in terms of relationships. In my personal opinion, I believe that love and sex should go hand and hand and by that I mean that people should try and save themselves for sex until they have found the one that they 100% know that they are going to be with for the rest of their lives. I view sex as something more than just putting a penis in a vagina or vagina on a vagina or a penis in... you know what I mean. I believe it takes time to fall in love and once two people take that time, when they do decide to have sex, it will be a lot more enjoyable and passionate because you have taken the time to really get to know your significant other and build a stable sense of trust so just feeling safe with that person should make it all the more enjoyable.
       In today's day and age, I feel like a lot of people, more so those in their teen years and early 20's, have taken the idea of what love truly is and twisted it to where love equals sex. Around school, I know quite a few girls that sleep around with a guy a few weeks after they've just started dating and say " I love you " not long after that. I also recall once at lunch, a few guys were talking to each other about the one guy's girlfriend and the conversation went as followed: Boy 1: So did you fuck her yet?
Boy 2; Nah man. Boy 1: Haha wow man I thought you loved her!
       I'm going to stop right here. Notice how he said " I thought you loved her! " So as it looks, boy one thinks that to be in love means to have sex right away. That's just not the case! In this generation, I feel like people are just so willing to give themselves away and throw the words " I love you " like a boomerang that will eventually come back and hit them in the face and throw them right back into that vicious cycle of misconception once again. Basically, what I am trying to say is, kids these days think that if you don't have sex, you're not in love when in fact it's the total opposite! You're waiting to actually know the person you're with! Good for you kind citizen!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment