Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Blog Post #7

  • When Offred learns the meaning of the Latin phrase in her cupboard, what else does she learn? As readers, how do you feel about these moments of revelation? Are you shocked? Disappointed? Excited? Something else?


She learns that whoever wrote it was killed by Serena Joy. I was not happy with Offred's reaction to this reveal because I feel like it gave her a sense of saying like, what she's doing with Nick is okay and what she did with Luke was okay when it's really not. It's against the rules. I'm not really shocked because as I've said I don't like Offred and her choices and she's just being manipulative and a rule breaker again and that's really not okay. It's just kind of ridiculous how ballsy Offred is being even when she knows the risks of being caught.


No comments:

Post a Comment