Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Blog #6 ( Option 3 )
Dear Diary,
You would never believe it to be true, but today, Moria told me something. We like each other now. So she told me something. Her breath felt warm on my neck when she told me. Like Luke's hands when he put them on my face. Moria told me that she does not believe in God. She trusts me. I won't tell. She will get hurt if I do. I am not very surprised. God has not done much for us lately. Everyone believes in God. At least they are told to. I don't believe in God, but no one must know. If there is a God, why did he make us this way? Why did he take my life away? Why did he take my baby away? Did I anger him? Maybe he was upset about my affair. I don't want to apologize. Luke made me happy. Why would I apologize to someone who isn't really there? I wonder if Luke believes in God. Moria told me something else as well. We are friends now. She told me that men do not intrigue her. She prefers the companionship of a woman to a man. I will not tell her secret. Moria said it was wrong of me to be involved with Luke. She was involved with women like Luke, but she says that was different. Whatever that means. I love Luke. Luke loves me. If she had a Luke, she would understand. I'm glad Moria and I are friends now. I'm not so lonely now. Nick's hat is askew, I must go.
Signed, Offred
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment