2. Explain how a character is acting and why you think the character is acting that way.
So, one thing I noticed in Parable of the Sower is that the first 20 pages are mainly about religion and the role of God in the world. The main character in the book does not seem to believe in God and always seems to be questioning the things that he has supposedly done and does. For example, while going on her rant about baptism in the churches, the main character says "God is just the adults' way of trying to scare you into doing what they want. " ( Page 14, Last paragraph ) This shows that she has an obvious disbelief in God.
I believe that she is behaving this way because it seems like something almost nuclear has happened causing everything to be in ruins. From what I know, God is suppose to help out the little guy and give you some light at the end of the tunnel, but when you constantly pray for something that never happens, why even keep trying? She has understandably lost hope in the assistance and idea of a God because the world around her has crashed down and what had God ever done for her? Nothing. I really like her as a character as of now. She has very similar beliefs to my own. I know that's off topic but I just thought I'd put that out there because I simply can.
No comments:
Post a Comment