Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Disscussion Questions ( End of book )

9. What lessons do you feel you took away from this novel?




       I feel like from Parable, I got quite a few important lessons.  I think the most prominent one that I found was the fact that you are your own person and to not sub-come to what you don't believe in. Through out the entire novel, I feel as though Lauren was being almost being forced to follow the beliefs Christianity because nearly everyone around her did, especially her father, but she braved through that storm and even created her own form of religion on her journey so she didn't let anyone tell her what to believe and kind of just did her own thing. Another lesson that I took from this novel is that no matter how small or young you are, you can do great things. As I just said, look at Earthseed, to me for a fifteen year old girl to be able to create her own stable religion, that, at least for me, is really inspirational.

QUESTIONS:

1) Would you change anything about the ending? If so, what?
2) Do you thing Earthseed will live on?
3) If you had to give a short summary of this book for the back cover, what would you say?     

No comments:

Post a Comment