17. Do you have any unanswered questions about the story? Explain.
So, one of the more obvious questions I think almost everyone who has read the novel is DOES ACORN SURVIVE!? Aside from this, I feel like it's an irrational question almost but between this novel and the Handmaid's Tale, I keep having the reoccurring question of where is the future headed exactly? These two stories shows very different but also very similar types of distopian societies and the issues that they face don't affect just one small area, but the entire world as a whole. The fact that these stories were written not too far apart leaves me with a somewhat uneasy feeling as well. In the world today, we still wage wars, set off bombs, hurt or kill one another and just for the most part live in chaos nearly everyday. I feel as though at this point, it is easier to see the negatives in the world than the positives so I guess my question is, one day, will all those negatives consume us to the point where our world crumbles like those of Offred and Lauren?
No comments:
Post a Comment